10 Times Rashida Jones Won Our Hearts
Actor and director (and Amy Poehler's "wife for life") Rashida Jones is a force to be reckoned with. Whether she's walking the red carpet or producing documentaries, we're celebrating some of her greatest moments that have won us over.
1. When she gave an unabashed YES when asked whether she's a feminist
"I believe in the unadulterated advancement of women. And we have so far to go still. I do think because women are so clever and flexible and such good communicators, it been hard for men to evolve and keep up. I think we could do a little better to help them out."
2. When she shut this reporter down on the SAG Awards red carpet.
3. When she rattled off her list of female idols in an interview for Amanda de Cadenet
"Amy Poehler, Elaine May, Nora Ephron, Diane Keaton, Margaret Sanger, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Oprah. All fearless and elegant."
4. She's admitted, "I'm a little bit lazy"
5. When she did a candy tasting with Amy Poehler and Aubrey Plaza for Rookie magazine
You can hear Chris Pratt breathing in the background.
6. She produced "Hot Girls Wanted," a documentary on the porn industry
"We haven’t really had a real, intense look into it,” she said at Sundance. The film examines how the performative aspect of pornography impacts our mainstream culture. Ms. Magazine named it one of the 5 Must-See Feminist Films from Sundance.
8. When her first Instagram post was a pun
9. She celebrates her female friendships on the reg (and especially on Galentine's Day)
Happy Galentine's Day! I'm so grateful for all the wonderful female friendships I'm blessed with. Celebrate yours! pic.twitter.com/hneb9tKIvq— Rashida Jones (@iamrashidajones) February 13, 2015
10. When she supported the causes we love, like Planned Parenthood and Rookie