15 Times "Sex And The City" Inspired Us to Live Our Best Lives
Sex and the City was the dramatic love- and sex-filled series none of us can resist (whether or not we'll admit it). And though Carrie's iconic one-liners were often a little too catchy to be true, the girl gang understood a thing or two about sex, love, food, and feminism. So we've decided to recap 20 of Carrie, Samantha, Miranda, and Charlotte's best moments — all the times they reminded us to live our best lives. Because really, why not hit on a guy in the middle of a yoga session? And why look at an "I love you" cookie cake when you could eat it?
- That time Charlotte suggested reserving men for pleasure (and only pleasure).
- When Carrie stood up for the women of the world who have been broken up with via Post-It note.
- That time Samantha walked into a store and pretty much shut it down.
- And when she reminded a sales associate that she would wear what she wants, when she wants — and she'd look good doing it.
- Every time Carrie stood up to Big for mistreating her.
- That time Miranda's love of food was real.
- And when she devoured that "I love you" cake.
- That time Samantha defended her right to be who she is.
- When Charlotte revealed that maybe ending up alone isn't so bad after all.
- When Miranda refused to apologize for her success.
- That time Samantha courted a lover mid-yoga session.
- When Carrie realized that maybe the settled life wasn't for her.
- Every time the girls rejected conventions.
- When Samantha chose self-love over a relationship (as much as it broke our hearts).
- And every time they shut down sexist double standards.
Watch Sarah Jessica Parker's exclusive MAKERS story in the video player above.
More From SELF:
• Alert: A 'Sex And The City' Return Is A Possibility
• Turns Out Playing Samantha On 'Sex And The City' Wasn't Great For Kim Cattrall's Love Life
• Nostalgia Alert: This Hilarious Sex And The City Outfit Instagram Is Your New Must-Follow
• 13 Times 'Sex And The City' Spoke The Absolute Truth About Love And Sex
Photo Credit: Getty Images