6 Best Barack Obama Quotes About Women
Happy Birthday, Mr. President!
We're celebrating Barack Obama's 55th birthday by honoring his continued support for gender equality.
Check out these six quotes that demonstrate and celebrate Obama's views on women's rights.
1. "Around the world there is a tradition of oppressing women and treating them differently and not giving them the same opportunities, and husbands beating their wives, and children not being sent to school. Those are traditions. Treating women and girls as second-class citizens. Those are bad traditions. They need change."
2. "You know, we're in a sports center. Imagine if you have a team and you don’t let half of the team play. That's stupid. That makes no sense. And the evidence shows that communities that give their daughters the same opportunities as their sons, they are more peaceful, they are more prosperous, they develop faster, they are more likely to succeed."
3. "A woman's ability to decide how many children to have and when, without interference from the government, is one of the most fundamental rights we possess. It is not just an issue of office, but equally and opportunity for all women."
4. "We know we are better off when women are treated fairly and equally in every aspect of American life, whether it's the salary you earn or the health decisions you make."
5. "For our journey is not complete until our wives, our mothers, and daughters can earn a living equal to their efforts."
6. "We must carry forward the work of the women who came before us and ensure our daughters have no limits on their dreams, no obstacle to their achievements and no remaining ceilings to shatter."