Great Life Advice For Everybody, From Ages 6 to 91
By Danica Lo
If you've ever wished you could impart wisdom, in hindsight, to a younger version of yourself, then check out this charming (and wise) video, where people from all walks of life — from ages 7 to 93 — offer advice to younger generations.
Some of my personal favorites from the video?
· Advice for 9 year olds: "Don't get involved with the popular kids, they're narcissistic capitalists who know nothing about politics."
· Advice for 18 year olds: "Go easy on the makeup, you're not as ugly as you think."
· Advice for 21 year olds: "If he says he has a weekend home in the suburbs? He's married."
· Advice for 28 year olds: "Back up your hard drive. Now."
· Advice for 34 year olds: "Stop panicking, being a single mom is an incredible thing."
· Advice for 51 year olds: "One cat is enough cats."
· Advice for 85 year olds: "Indulge your sweet tooth, you'll need dentures soon anyway."
· Advice for 91 year olds: "Don't listen to other people's advice, nobody knows what the hell they're doing."
What's the best advice someone older has ever given you?
More From Glamour:
• End-of-Summer Pop Culture Sensations to Try Before Labor Day
• 20 Moments We'll Never Forget From the MTV Video Music Awards
• From Britney to Gaga, the 10 Most Iconic VMA Red Carpet Fashion Moments, Ever
• Meet the All-Female Anti-Poaching League Protecting the World's Most Endangered Species
Photo Credit: Adam Hester via Getty Images