11 Times Cara Delevingne Showed the World Who's Boss
Lately, it seems like you can't go a day without hearing Cara Delevingne's name.
In only a few short years, she's gone from stunning supermodel with amazing brows to leading actress in this summer's "Paper Towns." And the acting is no fluke — the girl has three more films coming out this year. A darling of social media (she has more than 7.8 million Instagram followers), an outspoken feminist, and, of course, a member of Taylor Swift's girl squad, Delevingne is just getting started.
"I want to prove that you can be anything you want to be. I love working, and I love what I do," she said in WSJ Magazine. She's a true boss in every sense of the world. In honor of her 23rd birthday today, here are nine times she showed the world who's really in charge.
1. When she was the one the bear had to be warned about.
Cara is very much that kid who had snakes at her birthday party and was always a little unpredictable. That behavior has only increased in adulthood. She recently shared a story with Seth Meyers about how during a photo shoot with a bear, the crew warned the bear’s trainer that Cara might be the scarier one. Watch the clip below.
2. This Instagram she posted.
3. When she stood up for better roles for women in Hollywood.
In an interview with Time Out London, Delevingne talked about fighting for better female roles in movies. "I speak up and say 'Girls don't do that,' or 'That's not something a girl would say in that situation,'" Delevingne said. "Instead, it's about how men perceive women and it’s not accurate, and it annoys me! I don't think people speak up enough. It's important that when girls watch movies they've got strong female role models." She continued, "Even if I'm wrong, even if I get shut down, I know that I've done my part to get a woman's voice out there."
4. When she got to Level 50 on Call of Duty.
"I play Call of Duty and I do have a headpiece. People find me and they're like, are you a girl? My username is Caradele."
5. That time she cuddled with a baby lion.
6. When she lead the feminist Chanel protest back in September.
To close Paris fashion week this past Winter, Cara led the march of models down the catwalk along with Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid, and Charlotte Free. They carried signs that said: 'Tweed is better than tweet,' 'Be your own stylist,' and 'History is her story.' It was quite a sight to see.
7. When she dealt with an awful interview like a pro.
Just last month while promoting "Paper Towns," Delevingne had to deal with some bad interviewers who personally attacked her on live TV. However, she handled it like a pro. In a follow-up interview, she admitted that she does get defensive when she’s accused of not working hard. "People say I don't work hard, or that all of this has come very easy, and that I haven't had to work for it. That's not true at all. That's the worst, I hate that one. Because I pride myself on how hard I work, so it sucks when people say that kind of thing," she said.
8. When she beatboxed like a pro on Jimmy Fallon.
9. When she showed Hansel and Zoolander who made the best face.
10. When she summed up perfectly what you should do when you make a mistake.
If you make a mistake, admit it, apologize, learn from it and move on
— Cara Delevingne (@Caradelevingne) March 13, 2015
11. When she revealed why we really all go to the bathroom together.
More From Levo:
• Cara Delevingne Shows Us What You Should and Shouldn’t Do in an Interview
• The Brief: What We Can Learn from Cara Delevingne’s Excruciatingly Awkward Interview
• Your 2015 Guide to Watching Wimbledon (and Its Top Female Players)
Photo Credit: Rob Latour/Invision/AP