Daily Five: Leadership Lessons and the Daughter Effect
1. Leadership lessons from Michelle Howard, the highest ranking woman in Naval history. “Sometimes it’s just letting people have the opportunity to play with things,” she says.
2. An illustrated guide to American personhood. Spoiler: corporations win.
3. Why men with daughters may be the key to closing the gender wage gap. They call it the "daughter effect."
4. The sexual harassment lawsuit against Tinder is just the latest complaint filed in the tech industry. Whitney Wolfe was an executive at the dating app, but says she was forced to resign after dealing with harassment and discrimination.
5. Pharrell's creative director is changing the way we consume pop music. Her name is Mimi Valdés, and you're going to see her around a lot more.
Photo by David Yellen