Is This "Normal" Barbie Doll a Little Too Real?
By Marissa Gold
Last year, we wrote about artist Nickolay Lamm and his quest to produce a realistic line of Barbies known as Lammily dolls. Now a new accessory kit, the Period Party, has hit the shelves, and people are freaking out (mostly in a good way) over it.
"On average, a woman between the ages 12 and 51 spends a total of 6 years on her menstrual period," reads the description on the company website. "Yet, while being a huge part of female life, this perfectly healthy natural process is still surrounded with taboos. Let’s start an open and positive conversation about our periods."
The kit includes:
- 1 educational pamphlet
- 1 pair of panties for the Lammily doll
- 18 reusable colored pad and liner stickers
- 1 calendar and dot stickers (presumably to track Lammily's periods)
Um, where's the heating pad and Ibuprofen, Nickolay? Other than that, we think you've done a good thing here for girls.
What do you think about the Lammily doll? A little too real, or are you glad it exists?
More From Glamour:
• The Title of Amy Schumer's First Book Is Absolutely Worth the $10 Million It Reportedly Fetched
• 11 Things Empire's Ta'Rhonda Jones (Porsha!) Said to Us That Will Make You Love Her More Than Cookie
• Here's How a DeVry University Professor Helped a Single Mom in His Class
• 6 Healthy Things You Can Do While Watching TV
Photo Credit: Courtesy of YouTube/Lammily