The MAKERS Stories App Is Here
AOL's MAKERS, a women’s leadership platform that highlights the stories of groundbreaking women today to create the leaders of tomorrow, announced on Monday the launch of the MAKERS Stories app and the chance for individuals around the country to make history and be part of the crowd-sourced video for the newly released girl-power anthem "This Is For My Girls."
Recently, MAKERS took action in support of Let Girls Learn, releasing a song inspired by the mission of Let Girls Learn, entitled "This Is For My Girls." Let Girls Learn is a U.S. government-wide initiative launched by the President and First Lady which seeks to help the more than 62 million girls around the world who are not in school, go to school and stay in school.
MAKERS is the Executive Producer of "This Is For My Girls." "This Is For My Girls" was written by Grammy winner and Oscar® nominee Diane Warren and features vocal performances from Kelly Clarkson, Zendaya, Missy Elliott, Janelle Monae, Kelly Rowland, Lea Michele, and Chloe x Halle.
The MAKERS Stories app aims to empower women to be their own storytellers and to change the world one story at a time. MAKERS Stories is available for download in time for Women's History Month in iOS and Google Play.
"The idea behind the MAKERS Stories app is to open up the MAKERS platform for each and every woman and girl," said Samantha Leibovitz, MAKERS Vice President and Creative Director. "By recording and sharing the stories of those who inspire you, you will spark inspiration for others, changing the world one story at a time."
There's a MAKER in all of us and MAKERS Stories uses the credibility of the MAKERS platform as a template for users to create their own MAKERS videos whether it be a daughter discussing how she wants to change the world or a mother discussing her childhood mentor. The stories shared on the MAKERS STORIES app will also appear on MAKERS.com, where each story will join some of the world’s most influential women, including Hillary Clinton, Oprah Winfrey and Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
Key Functions of MAKERS Stories Include:
- Seamless interface that makes the app easy-to-use for a wide range of ages
- Camera Recording options that allow users to easily record others and themselves
- Select Your Soundtrack integration to create videos that feels fully produced and dynamic
- Built in Shareability to a variety of social platforms like Twitter, Instagram and Facebook
- Third Party Login with AOL, Google, Facebook and Instagram log-in as well as Twitter DIGITS
- Questions asked in the app are customizable and many originate from those that have been asked of MAKERS since 2012