6 Fascinating Fragrance Facts We Bet You Never Knew About Sarah Jessica Parker
But Lovely isn't her only perfume — SJP has become a big name in the fragrance world with a whole cast of scents. And, as we've come to expect from Parker in all things, she isn't one of those "slap her name on it" type of celebs when it comes to products. No, she worships at the alter of fragrance. And the fact that she has spoken about it at length throughout the years has produced many fascinating facts. Here five of the most enlightening thoughts on the topic the former Sex and the City star has to offer:
1. "[The perfume we choose is] immediately communicating more than your clothes, which we think tell our story, right? But clothes don't invade anybody else's space. You know how you feel when someone hugs you and they're wearing a fragrance you don't care for and it's stuck on you and you go to the ladies' room and you try to really carefully, discreetly wipe it off? Or gentlemen in the old days, who liked really strong cologne? It's unique in that way."
2. "One of the first things I bought as a young adult who was earning my own money was a fragrance."
3. "This is what I've learned: when people put fragrance on, they crush it and they beat it up, and it kind of destroys it in a way. I really learned about [being gentle with] application, and I feel it's incumbent upon me to pass along this most important tip."
4. "I always think that ['Sex and the City' character] Carrie actually wouldn’t wear a fragrance, since I feel like if I walk out without wearing fragrance, it's my version of being completely nude."
5. "I remember when I came home from the hospital after having my son, I wore a Narciso Rodriguez black coat. Then, I was using this fragrance that I had created. I walk by that coat, and it still smells like that fragrance. It takes you right there."
6. "One of the things I like to do very much in my work is to say there should be no rules about how we dress or what kind of fragrance we wear."
The 10th anniversary edition of Lovely is available at sarahjessicaparkerbeauty.com.
Discover Sarah Jessica Parker's exclusive MAKERS story in the video above.
More From Glamour:
• 16 Reasons Sarah Jessica Parker Is the Undisputed Queen of Updos
• Find Out Why Sarah Jessica Parker Reportedly Tried to Drop Out of Sex and the City
• Is Sex and the City 3 Actually Happening? New Info!
• Sarah Jessica Parker's TV Return Is Official and More Major Moments for Women in Hollywood This Week
Photo Credit: Gilbert Carrasquillo via Getty Images