7 Awesome and Influential Quotes by Stevie Nicks
Stevie Nicks celebrated her 67th on May 26. From belting it out as Fleetwood Mac's leading woman to her solo career, her music has inspired generations of fans and paved the way for future female musicians. While the songs she sings are packed with heartwrenching, relatable lyrics, the rockstar's original words are just as awesome without being set to music.
So put on your favorite Stevie Nicks songs and sing along (we won't judge) while you read some of these inspiring quotes below:
1. "I am pretty fearless, and you know why? Because I don't handle fear very well; I'm not a good terrified person."
On her bandmates
2. "My other family is Fleetwood Mac. I don't need the money, but there's an emotional need for me to go on the road again. There's a love there; we're a band of brothers."
On taking her mother's advice
3. "Being able to take care of myself is something that my mom really instilled in me."
On the power of songwriting
4. "I'm going to spend my life writing poems, turning them into music that will affect people and touch their hearts. I'm going to write the songs that people can't write for themselves."
On overcoming struggles
5. "Even in my really bad, drugged-out days, I didn't go away. I still toured, still did interviews. I never gave up the fight. That's why I'm who I am today, because I didn't leave. And I think I made the right choice."
On aging gracefully
6. "Rock and menopause do not mix. It is not good, it sucks and every day I fight it to the death, or, at the very least, not let it take me over."
On female singers
7. "I look around at all the girl singers, and I think they're all my children."
Photo by: Douglas Gorenstein/NBC/NBCU Photo Bank via Getty Images