5 Things You Need to Know About the Obamas' Final State Dinner
Just days after an outpour of #ThanksMichelleObama tweets inspired by thank you notes from Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Gloria Steinem, Jon Meacham, and Rashida Jones, MAKER Michelle Obama and Barack Obama hosted their final state dinner in the White House.
But while news outlets cannot stop talking about FLOTUS's gold Versace dress — or as The New York Times says, how she "stuns," "wows," and "slays" in almost every wardrobe choice — we have rounded up five things you need to know about the event.
1. The event was held in honor of Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi and wife Agnese Landini.
2. Renzi joked during his speech that Michelle Obama's "speech are better than [her] tomatoes."
3. Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton gave the performance of a lifetime.
4. Mario Batali created the delicious menu for the event's guests.
5. President Obama quoted Yogi Berra in his speech — "It ain't over till it's over."
Photo Credit: REUTERS/Joshua Roberts