9 Ways Women Can Improve Their Success
Statistics continue to demonstrate proof of gender bias in the workplace, the marketplace, and in financing for start-ups.
According to a report from Business Insider, there are a lot of things we as women do ourselves to make matters worse.
"More women now graduate from college than men, and women are the breadwinners in almost 50 percent of American households," said Wendy Capland, CEO of Vision Quest Consulting and author of bestseller "Your Next Bold Move for Women," according to Business Insider. "But only 22 percent of executives in Corporate America are women, so that number is pitiful."
According to Catalyst, women currently hold 23 (4.6 percent of) CEO positions at S&P 500 companies.
Here are nine things that Capland says women can do to improve our power in the business world, according to Business Insider:
1. Use maximizing language to maximize impact.
2. Stop apologizing when there is no reason to apologize.
3. Don't ask for permission to say something.
4. Take on new roles.
5. Don't question yourself.
6. Set clear goals.
7. "Don't be stopped from setting a goal because you don't know how to get there."
8. Set clear boundaries.
9. Build a strong personal brand to help you get what you want whether you're working in a company or running your own.
Photo Credit: Ezra Bailey via Getty Images