My MAKERS Story Video Standards
User submitted videos may appear on the AOL MAKERS web site, as well as posted on a dedicated MAKERS YouTube channel, and may be seen on AOL programming channels and any other products or services as AOL may designate, including on the websites of sponsors or partners of MAKERS, and any other web sites not designated by AOL.
Please take a moment to review the AOL Makers Video Release now. By clicking on the "I Agree" link below, you agree that you have read and understand the Terms of the Release, and that you agree to these Terms. If you do not agree with these Terms, click the "Cancel" button below, and do not submit your video.
All uploads must conform to AOL's Terms of Service and the guidelines outlined below.
You must agree that you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age prior to upload of content for use on My MAKERS Story.
You agree that you will not use My MAKERS Story to host or publish links to content that violates its policies, including text, communications, software, images, sounds, data or other information that:
- contains content that would typically not be shown to users under 18 years of age.
- contains content that portrays graphic violence, language or other acts resulting in serious injury or death, including those of a sexual nature.
- contains personal information not your own and/or posted without permission.
- is intended to victimize, harass, degrade or intimidate an individual or group of individuals on the basis of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, race, religion or sexual orientation.
- is illegal or incites illegal activity.
- contains sexually explicit images of a pornographic or obscene nature, and/or material harmful to minors.
- advertises and/or promotes the sale of products or services on AOL, including, without limitation: lotteries, ammunition, firearms, fireworks and other explosive materials, tobacco, alcohol, adult products and services, such as phone sex and escort services, illegal products and services, and other products and services AOL deems inappropriate.
- depicts the reckless behavior of a minor such as under-age drinking, smoking and/or drug use.
- condones, threatens and/or instigates physical harm towards others, or oneself.
All Videos submitted must follow these technical guidelines:
- File size 32MB
- File format’s accepted are mp4, avi, mov, wmv and flv
- Videos may not include unlicensed video or other content from third party sources including but not limited to television clips, movie clips, viral videos, GIFs, animations, photographs or artwork. AOL may require written proof of permission from the copyright owner of such third party material prior to permitting public display of the video.
- Videos may not include music, whether as tracks edited in as underscore, music performed live for the video, or music from a computer screen, television, radio or stereo heard in the background of any shots. Any videos which include music are subject to removal at AOL’s sole discretion.
Note: AOL may not endorse content found in AOL Video.
My MAKERS Story is a place for users to share the stories of MAKERS in their own lives, therefore, some videos may be more graphic than others and may not suit all sensibilities.
Please note that the screen name and/or account you use to submit your video may appear with your video.
AOL has the right to enforce these My MAKERS Story Video Standards in its sole discretion. We reserve the right to remove, without notification, content that does not comply with AOL Network Terms of Service or My MAKERS Story Video Standards, or to remove content for any other reason at our sole discretion. AOL reserves the right to make changes to these standards at any time and we encourage users to check this document periodically for updates.
My MAKERS Story Video RELEASE
Please read this important information.
By submitting a video through this feature (the "Content"), you hereby grant AOL Inc., its affiliates, subsidiaries, assigns, licensees and legal representatives ("AOL") the irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide right to use, reproduce, edit (including to add production library music to the video, in AOL’s sole discretion), market, store, distribute, have distributed, publicly and privately display, communicate, publicly and privately perform, transmit, have transmitted, create derivative works based upon and promote the Content (as such may be edited and modified by AOL in its discretion), or any portion thereof, through the MAKERS portal, the AOL brand service, posted on YouTube, and any other products or services as AOL may designate, including on the websites of sponsors and partners of MAKERS, and any other web sites not designated by AOL, in any medium now known or hereafter devised, online or offline and by any means of delivery, for editorial, commercial, promotional and all other purposes. You acknowledge and agree that the Content may be shown on any web site, whether within or outside the AOL service. AOL is not obligated to include the Content in this or any program, and AOL reserves the right to remove the Content for any reason at its sole discretion. In addition, AOL cannot guarantee that technical difficulties will not occur during the upload of the Content or that the Content will upload successfully.
While you retain ownership of all right, title, and interest in the Content itself, you agree that AOL owns all right, title, and interest in any compilation, collective work, or other derivative work created by AOL using or incorporating the Content. You represent and warrant that (i) the Content does not and shall not infringe on any copyright or any other third-party right nor violate any applicable law or regulation, (ii) you have the right to grant any and all necessary rights and licenses provided herein, including, without limitation, all necessary copyright and other related rights to the Content, free and clear of all claims and encumbrances without violating the rights of any person or entity, including any right to privacy or publicity.
You hereby hold AOL harmless from and against any third-party claim arising from use of the Content. You waive any right to privacy. You waive any right to inspect or approve uses of the Content or to be compensated for any such uses. You hereby represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age and that you have read this release and are fully familiar with its contents.