The feature documentary about Misty Copeland, "A Ballerina's Tale," is now available to download on iTunes and is playing in select theaters.
In the film, director Nelson George offers a behind-the-scenes look at Copeland’s inspiring journey from the criticisms she faced early in her career to the emotional and physical pains she overcame while recovering from a devastating injury. While there’s plenty of mesmerizing footage of Copeland dancing in the movie, watching the seven clips below is definitely how you should spend the next 20 minutes.
1. This en pointe masterpiece.
2. This partner perfection.
3. These unforgettable calves.
4. This dish of major motivation.
5. These turns and extensions.
6. This demonstration of beauty and strength.
7. This definition of poise.
You can learn more about Misty Copeland in her MAKERS video above.
More From SELF:
• Here's How to Be Happy for (And Not Jealous Of) Your Friends
• 7 Signs the Person You Love Is a Highly Sensitive Over-Thinker
• Three-Time Ironman World Champion Mirinda Carfrae Shares What Makes Her a Fierce Competitor
• 19 Stunning Women Who Prove Freckles Are Gorgeous
Photo Credit: Bruce Glikas/FilmMagic