10 Most Inspiring Quotes From Ivanka Trump
Wife, mother, and entrepreneur Ivanka Trump, daughter of real estate mogul Donald Trump, is working to create a brand that is the "ultimate destination for women who work."
In 2007, Trump launched a jewelry collection with the concept of a self-purchasing female in mind, a concept that she believed was lost among traditional jewelers.
Shortly after, she saw that a brand addressing the needs of the modern professional woman was missing and launched her own fashion brand.
As the Ivanka Trump brand became successful, Trump realized that she also wanted to make an impact on the women who are buying her products.
Therefore Trump created a team to also turn her brand into a lifestyle brand, dedicated to women who work.
"It's a celebration of women working at all aspects of their lives. Women who transition between their various roles in professional and personal capacities: building careers, raising children, nurturing relationships and pursuing passions," the brand wrote on their website.
Whether you need advice about your career, motherhood, or relationships, IvankaTrump.com is there to help working women in all aspects of life.
In honor of Trump's brand, we've gathered some of our favorite quotes from the working woman herself below to inspire you in all aspects of life:
1. "The women I know who are working today are working hard to built and create the lives they want to live — and there is nothing more compelling and powerful than that. It’s not just about the 9 to 5. It's about having a full life lived to the fullest."
2. "Work is changing for men as much as it is for women."
3. "When it comes to parenting, don't let your convictions be swayed by others' well-meaning advice. Everyone thinks they're a pro and it can undermine your confidence. Make the decisions that are best for your family. Period. As parenting philosophies continue to evolve, it's better to blaze your own trail."
4. "A scale is only in balance for a brief second. Inevitably the pendulum swings. It's impossible to maintain."
5. "You have to grow into your confidence to express yourself. Self-expression in some form isn’t always appropriate in the office–overly funky styles or multiple tattoos — but it is in the form of being feminine. We should embrace that as women. The instinct is to suppress our femininity, which is rooted in a concept that we should blend. But how you get there is not through shoulder-pads or pinstripes. You gain the respect of your colleagues. If you have their respect, they will not criticize you for dressing like a woman."
6. "It's very hard to be great at what you do if you aren't deeply passionate."
7. "I never mind when somebody underestimates me," she says. "I joke about this with my father all the time. If somebody has a meeting with Donald Trump, they will come in fully armed, whereas if they have a meeting with me, they are less likely to be prepared. That's an advantage for me."
8. "Success isn't something that happens to you; you happen to it."
9. "Love what you do. There's always going to be someone else who's smarter than you, but there's no substitute for passion. People who are passionate always work the hardest, and that sets them apart."
10. "We can't all be great at everything we do ... but we can all be great at something."
Photo Credit: Daniel Zuchnik/WireImage