11 Carrie Bradshaw Quotes to Get You Through Anything
In the six seasons of "Sex and the City," Carrie, Miranda, Charlotte, and Samantha have given us wisdom, insight and advice on some of life's most valuable lessons.
As narrator of the show, Carrie Bradshaw had a particularly noteworthy role in vocalizing these lessons in a way that resonated with viewers and fans everywhere.
In honor of our newly-launched MAKER, Sarah Jessica Parker, we've gathered some of our favorite Carrie Bradshaw quotes on friendship, independence and life.
1. "Maybe the past is like an anchor holding us back."
2. "Maybe you have to let go of who you were to become who you will be."
3. "Maybe our mistakes are what make our fate."
4. "Life gives you lots of changes to screw up, which means you have just as many changes to get it right."
5. "Friendships don’t magically last forty years … You have to invest in them."
6. "They say nothing lasts forever … Dreams change, trends come and go, but friendships never go out of style."
7. "The most important thing in life is your family. There are days you love them, and others you don't. But, in the end, they’re the people you always come home to. Sometimes it's the family you’re born into and sometimes it's the one you make for yourself."
8. "The universe may not always play fair, but at least it's got a hell of a sense of humor."
9. "Life gives you lots of chances to screw up which means you have just as many chances to get it right."
10. "As we drive along this road called life, occasionally a gal will find herself a little lost. And when that happens, I guess she has to let go of the coulda, woulda, shoulda, buckle up and just keep going."
11. "Eventually all the pieces fall into place. Until then, laugh at the confusion, live for the moment and know that everything happens for a reason."
Watch Parker's MAKERS story here.
Photo Credit: Jenny Anderson/Getty Images