The 7 Most Goose-Bump-Inducing Moments From Lady Gaga's Emotional Oscar Performance
It's no surprise that Lady Gaga delivered a wow-inducing Oscars performance for her incredibly powerful nominated original song about campus rape from The Hunting Ground, "Til It Happens to You." Having already scored major fashion points on the red carpet in a gorgeous white Brandon Maxwell jumpsuit, Lady Gaga continued commanding the night with her onstage presence, vocal prowess, and vital message. Here are the most goose-bump-causing moments from her performance:
2. Lady Gaga revealed, matching her piano and microphone.
3. The raw emotion on her face as the camera inched in and the feeling that she was singing to every one of us.
4. The 50 victims of sexual assault victims who joined Lady Gaga onstage and their undeniable allegiance.
5. The standing ovation and heartfelt response from the audience — and, of course, the tears.
6. Brie Larson hugging every single victim as they walked off stage.
7. And, finally, Lady Gaga clapping for Sam Smith immediately after her performance as he accepted his award for Best Original Song.
More From Glamour:
• Jennifer Lawrence Talks Equal Pay and More Big Moments From the Oscar Pre-Parties
• Stacey Dash Explains Her Awkward Oscars 2016 Appearance
• Awards Season Movies That Make Us Proud to Be Women
• Watch Lady Gaga's Insanely Brilliant Tribute to David Bowie at the 2016 Grammys
Photo Credit: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP