Here's How Mark Zuckerberg Just Became the Dad of the Century
Mark Zuckerberg may be the face of the largest social networking platform in the world, but now the Facebook CEO is taking on an even larger responsibility: Parenthood.
Zuckerberg and his wife Priscilla Chan welcomed their daughter Max into the world on Tuesday, and in true power couple domination, the new parents made one huge announcement in an open letter shared on Zuckerberg's Facebook page.
In the touching letter, Zuckerberg and Chan revealed that they will be giving away 99% of their Facebook shares to charity — an estimated worth of more than 43 billion dollars.
Read below to see how the Zuckerberg-Chan clan is expanding the meaning of parenthood and the future for all.
1. Zuckerberg and Chan co-founded an organization to help all of humankind
The mission of the initiative: "Advancing human potential and promoting equality."
2. They want to use technology to cure the world
"Seeds planted now will grow, and one day, you or your children will see what we can only imagine: a world without suffering from disease."
3. But also understands that technology is not the end-all, be-all
"Technology can't solve problems by itself. Building a better world starts with building strong and healthy communities."
4. Their passion for education runs deep
"You'll have technology that understands how you learn best and where you need to focus. You'll advance quickly in subjects that interest you most, and get as much help as you need in your most challenging areas. You'll explore topics that aren't even offered in schools today. Your teachers will also have better tools and data to help you achieve your goals."
5. They're standing for equality for all
"We believe all lives have equal value, and that includes the many more people who will live in future generations than live today."
6. They recognize that discrimination can often inhibit success
"If you fear you'll go to prison rather than college because of the color of your skin, or that your family will be deported because of your legal status, or that you may be a victim of violence because of your religion, sexual orientation or gender identity, then it's difficult to reach your full potential."
7. They'll encourage her to be the biggest risk-taker
"We must take risks today to learn lessons for tomorrow. We're early in our learning and many things we try won't work, but we'll listen and learn and keep improving."
8. They’re all about helping out future GEN Z gamechangers
"Our hopes for your generation focus on two ideas: advancing human potential and promoting equality."
9. And speaking of Gen Z, Zuckerberg totally understands the Monday morning struggle…
10. Also, he's secretly a mastermind baker
Photo Credit: Getty, Facebook