With the unfolding of the news from Nice, France, it's easy to lose sight of the good. As we take moments today to reflect, we hope these quotes will help to restore your faith in humanity, and to bring you peace of mind.
1. "Let gratitude be the pillow upon which you kneel to say your nightly prayer. And let faith be the bridge you build to overcome evil and welcome good." —Maya Angelou
2. "Respecting other people's rights is peace." —Dolores Huerta
3. "You have to find what sparks a light in you so that you, in your own way, can illuminate the world." —Oprah Winfrey
4. "This is what my soul is telling me: Be peaceful and love everyone." —Malala Yousafzai
5. "It isn't enough to talk about peace. One must believe in it. And it isn't enough to believe in it. One must work at it." —Eleanor Roosevelt
6. "Changing the world doesn't happen all at once. It isn't a big bang. It's an evolution, the sum of a billion tiny sparks. And some of those sparks will have to come from you." —Katie Couric