10 Witty Quotes From Fran Lebowitz to Celebrate Her 65th Birthday
To celebrate, we're sharing our favorite witty quotes from the cultural satirist.
1. "Great people talk about ideas, average people talk about things, and small people talk about wine."
2. "Jobs are horrible. In my opinion working is a horrible thing. Like to me the best job is heiress."
3. "It never occurred to me that being funny would be a valuable thing."
4. “You’re only as good as your last haircut.”
5. "Think before you speak. Read before you think."
6. "Talking is not writing. To me, it would be even a slower way to write. To me, dictating a book seems impossible. But what would also be impossible, would be to write on one of those word processors. There’s too much distance."
7. "When I started getting real work done, I realized how much easier it is to write than not to write."
8. "Success didn't spoil me, I've always been insufferable."
9. "Romantic love is mental illness. But it's a pleasurable one. It's a drug. It distorts reality, and that's the point of it. It would be impossible to fall in love with someone that you really saw."
10. "I wouldn't say that I dislike the young. I'm simply not a fan of naïveté."
Celebrate her birthday by watching her exclusive MAKERS story in the video above and by sharing this special card:
Photo Credit: Stephen Lovekin via Getty Images